Can you hack, concoct, devise or contrive a wanted resource using only locally available materials?
You can..? Really...?
Now you can show it off and win some amazing prizes
Rules of engagement:
Who can subscribe?
Any (yes any) acute care worker can enter the competition.
The aim of this competition is to highlight innovative, novel approaches to resource limitations such as the examples published in AfJEM's Ujuzi (Practical Pearl) section. You can submit as many innovations as you like. Duplicate submissions from the same author(s) will be disregarded. You do not have to attend the EMSSA/ WCDEM2015 conference to enter.
Got an idea?
Then apply online using the form below. You'll need a 4000 character description along with either a picture summary or a video (using YouTube or Vimeo) to subscribe. Closing date extended to 15 April. Winners to be announced at the EMSSA/ WCDEM2015 conference
If you can't see a application form below then your security settings are too strict. As we'd not like you to miss out on showcasing your innovation, you can download an entry form here, and subscribe by emailing it to the editor in chief
* Prizes *
First prize African delegate:
Fully paid registration to attend the ICEM2016 conference in Cape Town next year (worth more than $500)
Runner up all entries:
Latest edition of this widely popular text (worth $150)
Terms and conditions
- The promoter is the African Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Employees, board members or international advisors of the African Journal of Emergency Medicine or the African Federation of Emergency Medicine or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://www.afjem.com/innovation-2015.html
- Closing date for entry will be 15 April 2015. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition can be found at: http://www.afjem.com/innovation-2015.html
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Promoter and revealed at the EMSSA2015 conference
- The winner will also be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify a winner that is unable to attend the EMSSA2015 conference when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.